SLOW BAKE (Sundays LIVE 12-2PM PST/SLT)

SLOW BAKE (Sundays LIVE 12-2PM PST/SLT)
Sonicity Radio featuring SL Musicians

Friday, June 24, 2011

Duran Duran Sim Opened Wednesday

Hungry for some good ol' rock 'n' roll with an alternative 80s feel?   Something about that era that brings generations on the grid together to party - some reminsce and some discover.  So come on, who doesn't know the songs, Girls on Film, Rio, Hungry Like a Wolf, and so many other Duran Duran songs.   Belinda Barnes invited me to check out the new Duran Duran sim that opened June 22nd in Second Life.  There's quite a buzz about it, but if you haven't been here's some photos. I plan to go back so maybe see you there.  

Oh, btw, the real band hangs out on the sim.  I waited for John Taylor the other day to no avail.  But I will be back, and waiting by his dressing room.  







As for my short photo video, a better view is on my flickr.  Just a bit of fun there, as I wait outside the dressing room of Duran Duran's John Taylor.   I'm a bit of a virtual paparazzi, and want to snap a few pics of him and the band.  LOL.   Thanks Bel for your patience.   Maybe next time.  Oh, a great new video - All You Need is Now - by jjccc captures the sim's flavor in a fun and creative way;  take a peek.

Duran Duran, SLURL, The DDU at Azizi

For now, poof... :) Soni